We've just finished up our web strategy research in junction with our partners at InformationWeek.
The report, based on Yeoman's President Mike Healey's research survey of 326 business technology professionals, shows that 44% of respondents run more than five distinct sites, and only 39% of those with consumer sites provide integrated cross-site search and navigation.
The big surprise, almost everyone (89%) lack a collaborative interdepartmental online approach. This report highlights the amazing amount of disconnect that exists between the business and their approach to the Internet. Some key stats to chew on:
- 44% of respondents rate their customer-facing Web setups average to poor.
- Nearly 45% say they operate more than five distinct sites; 14% run more than 50 sites.
- Only 39% offer consistent navigation and search across their customer-facing Web sites.
- Just 56% provide customers with single sign-on access to their various sites.
- Only 11% report a truly collaborative approach to their company Web strategy; 6% say their strategy "changes with the wind."
InformationWeek now offers all full reports free (registration required)
Contact us for an extract or to review findings.